Thursday, April 9, 2009

TWINS!!

I'm going to back track on my story a tad. I'm lying on the c-section table asking my doctor if he's sure my belly is numb and what if I start feeling him cutting me - haha..I laugh now, but I was very scared of a c-section..I didn't really want one. Jason said when he came into the room there was a look of sheer terror on my face haha. I would have felt better if I hadn't felt like someone was sitting on my chest. I had problems breathing it felt like and I also felt like I was tilted a tad..Like feet above head, I may have been I don't know. It sounds like I freaked out but I assure you I didn't. Jason said they had my table rocking like crazy, which I didn't feel cause I was numb - thank goodness!! I'm very grateful both babies were healthy!!
We found out the sexes for this pregnancy which I really didn't want to do. I'm a planner, so being unprepared would have sent me over the edge. Never in our wildest dreams did we think we were going to have 2 boys. Jason's dad is the only one that predicted it. Looking back I kinda wished we wouldn't have found out. It would have been a great surprise. So that means we both got to pick names. My choice was Austin and Jason's choice was Eli. Now I wasn't fond of Eli AT ALL. Not sure why, but it's grown on me. We used Jason's grandpa Sharum's name (which is also Jason's dads middle name) and my maiden name for the boys middle names. Watching these two boys grow together these last 4 years have been amazing. Twins really do share a special bond. They can just look at one another and crack up laughing. When one boy really gets upset it upsets the other one. They really are the best of friends. When one boy gets in bed with us in the middle of the night, the other boy will wake up and the first thing he says is where is so-in-so..Now they can fight like crazy, but be best friends the next moment. Their personalities change on a daily basis. If Eli is cranky on Monday I can count on Austin being cranky on Tuesday. It's always been that way..We've had so many crazy and hilarious moments from other people. Little old ladies chasing me down in Wal-Mart to ask "are they twins". Man if I had a dollar for every time I was asked that question, I'd be $$$$$. hahaha I know this post is suppose to be about the boys, but both boys adore their sister and I can't leave out their daddy - who they want to be just like..Both boys are so very sweet. Austin will put on of his hands on each of my checks and say "momma you look cute" and this morning as we're walking outta Macie's school Eli kisses my hand. I'm very blessed to have such a sweet family. I never imagined life being this good!!
In the above picture I have no idea whose who w/o going back through their photo albums. Enjoy the slideshow. It's sweet!!

1 comment:

Rachel Brown said...

They are so stinkin cute!