Thursday, December 18, 2008

1st Crush

This is one of the sweetest stories I've ever told.
When Macie went to daycare there was a little boy named Chance who went to daycare with her. Macie quit going to daycare when the twins were born, so she had just turned 2 when she stopped going, so they were basically too young to remember each other. WELL, just so happens Chance is in her class this year and Macie just adores him. Talks about him constantly!!! She always says how she chases him around on the playground. According to her he sometimes plays with her and other times he tells her to leave him alone. I've tried to explain to her that boys like playing with their guy friends and maybe she needs to play with some little girls, but she's insistent on still playing with him.
Macie's class is learning how to write in complete sentences and several times a week they practice writing I'm guessing about someone in their class. Chance wrote a letter to Macie today, and it was the absolute sweetest sentence I've ever read!!! It brought tears to my eyes - hahahaha I know I'm a dork, but I don't care..I asked Macie why she likes Chance so much and she said "b/c he's ssoo cute"!! And I have to agree with her. He is a little cutie.

The sentence reads:

Dear Macie - you are my best friend

No comments: