Thursday, August 19, 2010

An Unforgettable 1st Day of School

Macie had an unforgettable 1st day of 2nd grade. They actually had a fire at school. Not sure on all the details but I've heard it was electrical. Had to evacuate the building and all. Of course the electricity was off in the school and was pitch black when I went to pick her up. I'm sure this was a teacher's nightmare. lol!!

When I tucked Macie into bed tonight she told me they had to write some things about themselves to help their classmates to get to know them better. sigh . (Remember the letter I wrote to Macie today and me saying I could write a book on things she needs to know. Well I SHOULD HAVE WROTE THAT BOOK). For example, one of the questions was: Name one thing your really good at? Macie's response: bugging my brothers. really?! This could have been an endless option of answers. Macie's good at everything and "bugging her brothers" was her first thought. Geez! Oh - wait! It gets better. Here's another question. What do you like to do at home? Macie's response: Clean (lol) the counter tops. what?! are you joking! Who says that?! For the record she's done that like once or twice. I'm sure her teacher thinks I have "great" parenting skills. Here again her options were endless and she chose cleaning. O well, it made me laugh.

No comments: