Friday, November 6, 2009

The Griswold's Go Campin

We decided kinda last minute to have a two day getaway and headed to the White River. The kids decided to get up at 5:30 Thursday morning, so we headed out fishin before 8am. lol
I love this picture b/c it obviously captures the pure excitement of catching a fish she had no idea was on her line.

Here's another fish she caught when her and Jason went back fishing.

Here's my sweet boy Eli waiting for a fish that never came. He finally gave up and started playin with the rocks.

Here's Austin givin it his best shot, but here again gave up and started playin with the rocks.

Now all the pictures are out of the way let's get into why I called this post "The Griswold's Go Campin". For all the people that KNOW us you know SOMETHING always happens to us - doesn't matter what it is. Let me start the story by saying when you rent a camper at the White River your required to bring your bed linens and towels which we did. My car was so packed that we probably should have taken 2 cars. I know your thinking I'm crazy, but let's not forget I have a 5 member family. So Thursday morning the toilet decides to overflow and flood the camper. We cleaned up the water with what you ask? OUR TOWELS!! So no showers for us..The more intelligent person would have went to the Dollar Store and just bought some new ones so they could shower, but not us. WE TOUGHED IT OUT!! lol!!! Friday morning we headed home bright early at 8am and not 5 minutes into the trip Eli starts vomiting from car sickness and he doesn't stop until we reach Fayetteville. At some point Austin joins in on all the fun..I couldn't even tell you how many times we stopped. The journey is normally 3 1/2 hours, but today it took us 5 1/2 hours. I didn't think we'd ever get home and I know Eli felt the same. Poor guys!! So it's safe to say, we're done with any kind of road trip for awhile.


1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

landed here from mulitples and more!
sounds like you had *quite* the trip! gotta love those adventures with little ones! well, shower or no shower, sounds like all had a good time! have a great day!