Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Shoulder Surgery Pictures

Here's pictures of the inside of Jason's shoulder during his surgery. The reason for his surgery was stretched out tendons, so the goal was to shorten them up, I believe. I've tried for 2 days to upload the video, but it's too long so I just took pictures of the video. This is amazing stuff and I don't understand it a bit. Unfortunately, this is over my head and I have no clue what I'm looking at. I think, the white stuff on the right is his tendon and the white on the left is his bone.




Here he's drilling a hole

Here's the screws that I think went through the tendon (seen in the picture) and into the bone(which isn't in the picture). Here again I have NO CLUE what I'm talkin about.

In the video it looks as if he's having trouble getting this hook through the green tube. He hooks that hook through the hole where the rope is. I had to turn away during this part.



Overall Jason's done really well. Physical therapy went better than expected.

I want to say thank you Amy, Eric, mom, Richard and Samantha for my b-day present.

No comments: