Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rewards

All 3 of my children have been wonderful here lately..Macie has been working extremely hard with school work at home and recently scored really well on her DRA test at school. She's also tried her best and played awesome during her soccer games this season. The boys have started t-ball and have also done very well. My boys pay attention on the field and listen to Jason carefully on what to do. All 3 kids want to do the right thing to make us happy :0) SO......Jason and I decided to go to a restaurant that we've never been to before. It's fairly new, but not that new. Seems like everyone, but us has eaten there at least 5x's already. It's the kind of restaurant where they cook your food in front of you, so we thought the kids would really enjoy it and they did - kinda. My kids like a lot of attention from people they know, but not all that crazy about personal attention from strangers, so when the chef started throwing little pieces of egg and chicken in the air for us to catch in our mouth they got a little uncomfortable - lol I took the best picture of Eli during the lighting of the grill when huge flames shoot up, but unfortunately my camera memory was full. The fire and smoke bothered Eli's eyes.
No one caught the food but Jason. I literally had egg on my face, but I'm a good sport - I laughed. Macie and Eli warmed up and tried it, Macie and Eli are the type of children where they will try anything once and laugh and giggle regardless - but Austin is another story. He's the anti-social one of the group. To give him credit he tried once and the chef laughed and that was it - Austin was ready to go home. Didn't like his $10 meal, didn't like the chef and didn't want to stay one second longer - lol...As a more successful reward the kids helped me make Rocky Road Brownies which they loved. Sunday morning we woke up and went to pick strawberries with mamaw Patti and the kids had a blast. We couldn't stop picking. Our buckets were so full Austin was carrying strawberries in his hands (which is how we grocery shop. our buggy is overflowing and kids are loaded down-carrying bags of food - hahahaha).


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Those strawberries look absolutely delicious. It is too early for strawberries here, and I am anxiously awaiting the time when we can buy the fresh ones.